Sunday, April 10, 2011

You are doing what?!?

 You are doing whatWe waited a good month before telling our family about the move.  I wanted to have the RV stabilized and be in the process of preparing the house before mentioning it.  Perhaps it was my way of putting off the inevitable emotional feedback and God kept telling me, “Sooner rather than later!” 
                My sister and I are very close, so she knew from the get-go what we were doing.  She is very supportive and bolstered my courage to tell my parents.  Although I knew they would be supportive no matter what –there would still be concern for our well-being.  I waded through the conversations and followed them up with a long email detailing our plans and ideas.  My brother and the rest of the extended family were very supportive as well (to my immense relief). 

                We weighed the consequences and impact this decision would have on the family long before we moved on it.  We prayed for a long time and sought the Lord’s guidance.  I think God was ready for us to go long before we were.  So this is a decision made in faith. 
                Then it was time to break the news to his family. They were resistant to the idea, but this is our decision to make.  And like my grandpa-in-law said, “My happiness doesn’t reside in someone else's head!”
                We are thrilled at the new adventure awaiting our family and the possibilities it can bring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment