Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cart before the horse

For a few days, I left my husband alone.  After all, this was the new me.  Him in charge of finances. Me trusting God.  But all the while, in the back of my head, the gears turned.

All that lovely space.  And a door on the master bedroom.  And bigger beds for the kids.  Plus space for the other TV.  And a closet to hang all our clothes.  And a pantry in the kitchen. 

I prayed and talked with God for long periods of time.  How could we afford it and how would we haul it?  I asked questions and researched.  Was it possible we could live in the trailer without owning a truck?

I had a talk with Bill, finally.  He was vehemently against the idea, financially. The conversation didn't go well.  But I couldn't let the idea go.

As it turns out, the dealership would transport the trailer for us and help us park it.  A man in our RV park lived without owning a truck.  He simply hired someone to pull it.

Ok.  So what about the financial part of it?  Well, my DH and I made a pact several years ago to never discuss something (to death) unless we had facts.  And this required another trip to the dealership.

DH and I prayerfully discussed it further.  Once he got used to the idea of not being able to haul it and that this was our home --he agreed to talk with the financial manager at Windish.

We looked at the Sierra again.  The dealership gave us a fair trade on the Jayfeather and a reasonable deal.  For only $100 a month and $2500 down ($1K up front and $1500 in 30 days), the new Sierra was ours!

 They delivered her right to the park a few days later and we spent the day moving in.  A quick clean-up of the Jayfeather and we delivered it without a backward glance.

No comments:

Post a Comment