Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Jefferson County Fairgrounds, Colorado --training wheels!


  

After wintering at the Clear Creek RV park, we relocated to the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Jefferson County.  A decent place to stay.  It has water and electricity, but no sewer.  Just a dump station.

Bear Creek Lake Park, Morrison, CO


We stayed there for two weeks while I tested our fresh water tank capacity and how long we could go on the gray and the black.  With five people, we could go about three days without dumping.  But if I did laundry (in the bathtub), then I dumped after four loads.

We moved on from there to Bear Creek Lake Park in Lakewood, Colorado...

We were excited about this particular place because it was the first campsite we were able to visit in Denver outside of our normal two places.

Lotsa Fun.

They have lots of trails to hike and bike. The kids loved swimming in the lake and we were close enough to walk!

Bear Creek Lake Park swimming 


As it turned out, we had to pay for showers and the dump station/water refill station were far away.  So this truly was a test of my little tanks.  I am cheap and refuse to pay for showers.  So, we discovered we could squeeze in six showers (done Navy style) and a couple loads of dishes.  If I decided to do laundry that day, then I dumped twice.  Whew!

On the plus side, my driving skills improved IMMENSELY...  Having to pull out every two days to fill up on water and then drive to the dump station (they weren't together) and then backing up and leveling made me very comfortable...

No comments:

Post a Comment