Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Adjusting to a small space

The weather was inclement through April, so we spent the nice weather days working and playing outside. The first thing I discovered was that we still had too much stuff. So more things went to my mother-in-law's garage and more bags to charity.  I also installed extra shelving in and around the rv to hold spices.  I have found that it doesn't take long to move into your rv. But it takes a few weeks to find a good spot for everything. And continue readjusting after that.

I gave Bill most of the wardrobe space in the beginning because he had more stuff to store. We discovered that he didn't use it all and I moved him over and consolidated so I could make more room for me.

Hanging curtains over the kids' bunks helped to create a sense of privacy. And since we were used to sharing the bathroom, that wasn't much of a stretch.  Except for the fact that we can hear every sound and bodily function...

The biggest challenge is having less floor space to move around in.  Only one person working in the kitchen area and we are on top of one another.  It gets cluttered and dirty faster. But it also cleans up faster.

All in all, we are pleased with the class c.

No comments:

Post a Comment