Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tight Spaces

I was feeling pretty good about how the RV was organized.  Each cabinet had shelving and I worked around the limited space.  But my biggest frustration had to be the enormously huge PC.  And TV.

When we first moved in, my husband's computer was neatly tucked under the end of the bed.  When he wanted to use it, he pulled out the keyboard and mouse and voila --instant computer.  That's fine for watching movies or surfing the net.  But when it comes to processing pictures, he needed a sturdy flat space.

So now we lost half of our dinette table as he worked on our recent wedding shoot.  My first time working with him as an assistant photographer :) 

That's all well and good, but after he decided the TV-as-monitor wasn't working and bought a new one...and converted the TV to our new XBOX screen; now I had no flat working space.

The kids did their school work on the little bit of dinette space left or scrunched on the little couch.

And don't get me started on the detritus left behind when we had a busy weekend or my husband got home.  Coats, toys and stuff got tossed on the couch, or my bed, or under the tv or...

I felt my stress levels rising.  Thank God we could go to the rec center nearby.  I'd pack the kids up with lunch, school work and bathing suits.  We would be there most of the day.

Then the first cold snap hit.  Now, we've been battling the cold with a couple ceramic electric heaters and staying toasty warm, while stretching the propane.  Condensation was a concern.  I'd wake up in the morning with water running down the walls and soaking the bathmats along the edges.

One particular morning, it froze.  The kids had been complaining of their blankets sticking to the walls as well.

On top of the lack of water and lack of space, I just wanted my kids to be warm.  Was that too much to ask?

What is a girl to do?

Look at new RVs...

No comments:

Post a Comment