Saturday, July 2, 2011

No water


     What to do when the well runs dry.  Fill it up again! What happens when the pump won’t suck?  Call the help desk.   There was a point when the fresh water tank ran out of water.  Maybe I wanted to see how long it would sit at empty or something. 
water rv pump     After the pump made a funny noise and stopped pushing water through, we refilled the fresh water tank. Except no water came through the faucet. I didn’t panic. I called my DH out to help me.  After all, he was in the Navy and worked on submarines and surely he could fix it.
     After a quick look see under the fridge, he discovered there was no water in the pipes and we’d have to prime the pump.  Meanwhile, I had been frantically hunting down the number of the help desk and reading through the manual…  I got through to a man in India who told us that when they install the fresh water tank, plastic shavings fall into the tank where screws go into it.  And when the tank is empty, the pump sometimes picks those shavings up and clogs the filter.
      Bill pulled the filter off and what do you know? Little white plastic shavings fell out… He cleaned the filter and primed the pump. Water! 
     We did a victory dance. One more system figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment