Thursday, September 22, 2011

Arriving at the sanctuary


 As I pulled the rig into Sarah's driveway, I felt a sense of relief -as if my long journey had come to an end.  Not just the driving-for-three-days straight one; but months of preparing our house to sell and my own internal struggle of faith.

Sarah Sumrall in Bristol, Indiana

Sarah Sumrall in Bristol, Indiana


Every morning, as I stepped out of the RV, a lush green landscape fed my soul. Living on the eastern plains in Colorado is like living in the desert. (I should know because I grew up in Arizona).  It was a sight for sore eyes.

All day long, every day, for two months, my kids played with their cousins.  Outside, they had a trampoline to jump on, a swimming pool, a two-story fort, loads of trees and a creek that ran through the back of the property.  

Sarah Sumrall in Bristol, Indiana

Sarah Sumrall in Bristol, Indiana

Sarah Sumrall in Bristol, Indiana

Sarah Sumrall in Bristol, Indiana
Sarah Sumrall in Bristol, Indiana

And on really hot days, we would go cool off in the creek.  At some point, we started bathing down there.


Sarah Sumrall in Bristol, Indiana



Sarah Sumrall in Bristol, Indiana


 The water was clear and the temperature just right. So much fun!

1 comment: